Pages

Sunday 22 February 2015

FESTIVAL OF ASHTON

So it's Sunday afternoon and I am having a lazy time. Last night a group of us went to see Ciara in her production called "A little rain must fall". It was lots of fun but with a message to take away about risks and consequences . I loved the colour, the activity, the loudness and the general storyline. The production is part of the "Perth Fringe Festival"and because there are so many acts going on, Ashton and I are going back tonight to see another production. We're actually going to see a comedian because I think before this week starts we  need a good belly laugh.


So let me catch you up on this family's sagas. This week as I've mentioned already is Ashton's  21st birthday. Her birthday is on Thursday and her party is next Saturday. We have approximately 90 to 100 people coming and it is going to be a fantastic night.

Only one thing stands between today and the rest of the week. No, it's not the fact that the uni year starts tomorrow. No, it's not the fact that some people still have no idea what to wear to the party. It's all about the fact that on Wednesday her surgery has been brought forward. What the hell!

You might remember that she still needs another operation. There is still some fistula in her jugular vein and the doctor (please bow) wanted to get her back into theatre as soon as possible to finish the procedure. The original date scheduled was March 20 and though it was a bit of a distance, we sort of got used to the idea.

Which is why we're all a little in shock that the procedure has been moved to Wednesday 25th February. She was given the option of saying yes I'll have it on the new date or no keep March 20. Rather hard call to make isn't it? Whichever decision you make it is full of negatives and positives. We all eventually decided health must come first, so she has opted to have the surgery on Wednesday 25th and will therefore be waking up in hospital on her 21st birthday. Never in my wildest dreams did I see my child waking up in a high dependency unit on her 21st birthday after her 15th major procedure. She has told the doctors that she expects flowers and cake. The bets are on as to whether they will follow through.

Just to see a smile on her face, Mark and I have already given her our birthday present. If you are not on my Facebook list you will not have seen these photos so I will include them because they have made made a lot of people smile and a couple cry. It's just so nice to see her happy.

We are so hopeful that this procedure will be the last BUT all we can do is hope that this will be true. This June it will have been two years since her diagnosis. That's a huge chunk out of her life and out of ours.

See you in the hospital.

Till next time… Xxx

8 comments:

  1. Prayers for your girl. And Happy birthday! #BigTopBlogParty

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Suzi!

    I sure hope that all goes smoothly and your family gets to have a happy celebration. Keeping you all in my prayers.

    Thank you for tossing your hat into the ring at the Party Under The Big Top! I hope to see you again next week!
    #BigTopBlogParty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I already knew all of the latest updates you talk about this post made me all teary eyed! I hope all is going well and I send my love to you both! Happy 21st Birthday Miss Ashton! Can't wait to see pictures from your amazing party!

    We’re so glad you were able to make it over to the #BigTopBlogParty this week! Hope to see you again at the next Party Under the Big Top too!

    Wishing you a fabulous week!

    Much love,
    Lysa xx
    Welcome to My Circus
    #BigTopBlogParty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for the surgery! Happy B-day and WOW, a new car! We are so glad you shared with us at the Merry Monday party! We can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to at our next party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Suzi! It's Janice, one of your hostesses at the Inspire Me Monday Linky party. Thank you for coming to our linky party last Monday. Good luck with the procedure.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...