Pages

Saturday 27 September 2014

IN YOUR FACES

I know I only posted yesterday and I seriously don't want to drown you in my posts BUT I just had to share this with you.

For those of you who are new to my blog ( and there are many), let me recap on the situation my eldest daughter has been going through.

She is 20, still young. Yet in the last 14 months she has been through so much. She was diagnosed with an aggressive dural fistula in July 2013 and since then has been through 13 brain surgeries. 11 of the surgeries have been through angiogram procedures and two have been craniotomies where the skull has been opened to expose the brain.

At the moment she is doing well and she may even have turned the corner. ( fingers crossed).

In my blogs I refer to my daughter as my FED ( favourite eldest daughter). My other daughter is my FYD...sure you can work that one out.

My FED has been involved with a wonderful initiative called The I am project. It showcases young women who have been through or are going through major health crises. With permission of the administrator and the FED herself, here is her latest post. Every time I see it I experience so many emotions .

Puts all of us back in our box I reckon!

Link below...have a good day xxx



http://www.the-iamproject.com/#!Lets-talk-about-Hair-/cmbz/91505767-3513-49AD-BFB2-ED13B8BBDE9C

3 comments:

  1. I can only wish she gets better. Miracles still happen. You're a supermom by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She is actually doing a lot better

      Delete
  2. I can't even fathom 13 brain surgeries! AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...