Pages

Sunday 13 March 2016

SISTERHOOD OF THE WORLD BLOGGERS

Hi folks
This week I have been nominated by Janine at http://reflectionsfromaredhead.com/sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers for a Sisterhood of the World blogger award. If you haven’t heard of The Sisterhood of the World blogging award, it’s kind of like a mantle that is passed from blogger to blogger, and is a great chance to ‘discover’ and get to know others out there in the blogosphere. Needing a break from usual proceedings I thought this would be fun. What happens is I'm given a list of questions to answer and then I get to nominate other bloggers myself.
Why not? Nothing to lose here! And my 10 questions are:
  1. Where is your favourite place in the world and why? This could be a country, city, place, cafe…
I didn't think I had a favourite place, but lately I've had a yearning to go back to my home country of Malta. Malta is an island in the Mediterranean. For those West Australians who read this, it's three times the size of Rottnest Island. Why Malta? It's a place with history, good food and character. My extended family all live there and lately I'm sort of craving their company
BEAUTIFUL MALTA


2. Are you an introvert or an extrovert or a mix? How has this impacted on your life?

I used to be an extrovert but life events in the last ten years have changed me. Now I'm quieter and keep things inside me more. So I suppose I'm both. I just don't have the energy to be an extrovert any more.

3.Tell us about a good movie, TV show or book you’ve loved watching / reading recently? I’m always open to recommendations!

I just took my Dad to see The Lady in the Van. I just love Maggie Smith and she is excellent in this role, unbelievable really as she's in her eighties.

4. Sweet or savoury?       Definitely savoury. I had a gastric sleeve operation last year and sweet tastes all wrong now. To be fair I've always preferred savoury.

5. What are your tips for overcoming writer’s block?

Put everything away for the day and let your subconscious work it out. Write about what you know if you must write something. People are fascinated by other people's lives!

6. If you found a genie in a bottle what would you wish for?

I would wish for money. Yes that probably sounds shallow but I would love to see my husband relax and not worry about money anymore. It doesn't have to be millions. One million would just be fine thank you.

After money I would wish for health for me and my family. I would also wish for research and recognition for people with a rare disease.

7. Has blogging changed your life? If so, how?
Yes it has. Initially I treated my blog like an online journal documenting all the challenges I faced with Cowden's syndrome. Then my daughter was diagnosed and suddenly it became a lot more. It became a purpose, a platform to inform and educate, a place to speak without words and a refuge where others could join me. It's also given me a network of friends with the love of writing in common.

8. What are you looking forward to this year?

Having lost 35 Kgs, I am looking forward to a new wardrobe. I am enjoying a never before known ability to shop in mainstream shops. Highlights this week have been $20 jeans. Woohoo! Feeling pleased.

9. What were you like as a teenager?

I was a confused teenager torn between what my parents wanted me to do and what I wanted to do. I had a poor self image and resorted to eating to make myself feel better. I had a lot of friends and a good social life once I went to university, but I only had a few close friends. I loved and still love reading and writing.

10. What is your favourite thing to do in winter?

That's easy! Crawl under the doona with a good book and a mug of coffee. And sleep! With yet another hot day I'm hanging out for winter.

Well I really enjoyed doing that.
Will be giving some thought to new questions and others to nominate.
Till next time...xxx
ST

14 comments:

  1. Love your answers and getting to know you more! So you are in WA also!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Suzi,

    I enjoyed reading this and thank you for visiting me earlier.

    You are a strong and beautiful woman, no kidding..and you have succeeded in educating me this morning as I never heard about Cowden's disease until I came here.

    I love Maggie Smith too and Malta seems like a really beautiful place.

    If I stumble upon a genie right now, I would ask for all forms of disease and disorders to be taken away so that we all can live in good health.

    Hugs & Blessings,



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I've educated another person about Cowden's syndrome then I'm a happy woman. May we all find a genie in our lives.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your nomination. Good questions too!!
    Thank you for sharing on the #OMHGWW this week.
    Have a great week and Happy St Patrick's Day!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these awards because it gives us the opportunity to get to know each other better. Congratulations! I love your photos of Malta and I can't wait to see the Lady in the Van as I love Maggie Smith. Thanks for sharing with us at #Overthemoon link up and have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is amazing in everything she acts in. Downton Abbey will probably be my favourite but this and her role in Harry Potter are close second and third.

      Delete
  5. I loved reading this! Maggie Smith is one of my favorite actress' too!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these tags for finding out more about bloggers. Malta is such a beautiful country - hubby and I had a holiday there before we had children and loved it. Putting things away for the day and letting your subconscious take over is a great tip for easing writer's block. Hope you have fun treating yourself to a new wardrobe :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am. Just need to win lotto to be able to buy more.

      Delete
  7. I hadn't heard about this tag, but i love reading these types of tags to find out more about the blogger. That's amazing that you've lost 35kg well done! #shareitsunday x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...