Pages

Sunday 16 November 2014

GIVE A GIRL AN ICECREAM!!!

There are so many things that could have flattened me in the last 12 months but all it actually took was the common cold.
Now, I could tell you about the sniffles and dribbles, the coughing up of lungs, the cracked nose and lips and the mountain of tissues. But I'll spare you the details and fill you in about the week instead. 

You may recall that one of my daughter's fistula procedures was cut short because the doctor found nodules on her thyroid which needed investigating. Well, that's been done and we expect some results in the next week or so. Nothing more can be done on fistula number 2 till the agenda of the thyroid is determined. Really, really frustrating stuff I can tell you, especially since fistula number 2 is in need of the demolition it's big brother got.

So once again we wait.
I should be an expert at this by now, but yesterday it all finally got to me. What got to me? Take your pick...
  • Waiting  (has never been my forte).
  • The possibility of something else being wrong.
  •  The wasted time when the doctors could be working in fistula 2.
  • The fact that my husband has to return to work and I am dealing with this essentially alone.
  • The distance to my home and my bed, which is all I want at the moment with this bloody cold.
  • The possibility of having to cancel a much needed week away that the husband and I have planned and paid for.
  • Icecream

Yes, icecream! Feeling down in the dumps I decided to treat myself to an icecream and to drive the necessary distance to purchase the type I wanted. On arrival, the machine was out of order and no icecream was available for sale. Of course!!!

And of course that was the final straw - not the fistula, not the thyroid, not the lumps, not the head cold from hell but THE ICECREAM.

I may have shed a few tears...or a few litres of tears...down the phone to the husband. Enough is enough God. Give a girl an icecream!!!

Laughs aside for a minute.

I love sharing our story with you all and you will never fully understand how this blog and your comments have kept my head continuously above water. Without this blog in the last 15 months I would quite literally have gone insane.

If you read this blog through Twitter or Google plus there is no problem. However, if you read it through the CHRONICLES OF A LUMPY PERSON page on facebook (as most of you do), there is a problem. Unless you like and/ or share a post every so often , I am unlikely to remain in your news feed. To give you an example- I have 551 followers on my facebook page but only 40 % at the MOST are being shown the posts. It's very frustrating!

 Please help me get my story out without having to pay the money Facebook requires.

The girls and I have just been to see a movie together. It's the first time in ages that the three of us have been able to do something together socially and it felt good being with my girls. One has finished uni for the year. The other is almost done with her acting course. In what continues to be an annus horribilis, it is good to do something " normal" together. It's been a while!

Till next time...xxx

PS: Remember - those on the facebook page need to like and/ or share.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...