Pages

Thursday 12 February 2015

HOW TO DRIVE CUSTOMERS AWAY

I needed to get some prescriptions refilled as having been in Perth so long I had run out. So, I made an appointment for the surgery where the girls go. Now I've written about this doctors surgery before and it wasn't good , but I decided to give them another go.
( You may wish to revisit an old post-
http://lumpyone.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/desperately-seeking-heather.html )

Appointment was for 9.20am because I stupidly assumed he would run to time that early in the morning. Mistake number one. They opened at 7.30am. Receptionist staff were friendly and accomodating. They gave me a survey to fill out as they are doing their accreditation. Not a problem. I like  that sort of stuff.

The waiting room was stuffy and airless and the dark brown, dated face brick did it no favours whatsoever. The chairs were uncomfortable but as I didn't plan on being here long, who cares! The clientele waiting included three well dressed old ladies, one bikie and his girlfriend, one woman and her Down's syndrome child and me. It was peaceful.

Enter the family from hell. - Mum, her sister and three kids. The eldest about eight was clutching a pillow and sucking his thumb. He was in school uniform so not sure where the pillow was going after the appointment, but he didn't look like he'd let go of it in a hurry. The two youngest, boy and girl
about 3 and 4 definitely ate their weetbix for breakfast because they had boundless energy and started running round in circles in the tiny waiting room.

Master 3 was sucking on a dummy as if his life depended on it. It looked really odd however because only one side of his mouth sucked on it. I suppose that's so he could yell and scream with the other side. Mum went to reception to get them a colouring in to do. All three sat quietly for a full five seconds and then Miss 4 stole Master 3's green crayon and all hell broke loose.

She then got out of her seat and decided she would finish her drawing on the lap of one of the old ladies. This woman was wearing white pants and didn't look too pleased but she kept up a line of chatter with the kid.

What are you drawing?
It's Dora.
Oh, Dora the explorer.
Yes silly. And I've written my name.
(Old lady desparately trying to decipher four year old scribble.)
Your name is Olivia
No ( loud voice)
It's Lina
NO ( even louder voice). (I swear I saw bikie man clench his fist at this point).
It's Lily silly.

Mum meanwhile had been chasing Master 3 around. She plonked herself down in her chair just as Lily called the old lady silly. I expected an explosion but all that came out of her mouth was " I have three more at home".

By this time my appointment was 40 minutes late.

Master 3 seeing that his sister was getting some attention from the lovely old lady tried to befriend the bikie. Bad move. The kid got the glare from hell which resulted in some super duper dummy action and him taking off to his Mummy's bosom.

At this stage Dr Pleasure pants called my name and in I went. No pleasantries, no sorry to keep you waiting, no sorry you've been scarred by feral kids. Nothing.

What can I do for you?
I need some prescriptions refilled.
Tap, tap, tap on computer and done and goodbye in about three minutes.

Now maybe I've been spoiled by Dr Heather. In fact I know I have. But, the least I expected is a few questions about why I'm on the meds. Nothing. Patient in. Patient out. It couldn't have been more impersonal if he tried.

I completed the survey given to me when I arrived . I could have gone to town but I was quite restrained, till the last question.

How can we improve our service to you?
My answer - it would be nice if the doctor smiled and was friendly.

That's not too much to ask is it? Never again - driven away.

Till next time...xxx





7 comments:

  1. I abhor bad customer service. It is one of my biggest pet peeves. I would have had a few special words for the doctor after I had my scripts in hand. Then I would be searching for a new physician for the whole family. I stopped seeing my long time doctor after he didn't visit me while I was in the hospital or return my phone calls. His excuse was that our insurance didn't cover hospital visits. I explained that after ten years I expected him to at least call me back, if he wasn't going to walk across the parking lot to see me in the building he could see from his office. I was pissed off. Can you tell? I hope you find a good one doctor soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a great doctor. The problem is that when I come to see the kids sometimes I need a Dr myself and 460km is just too far. I will find someone else in the city. The Treatment Is Abysmal. It's 4 pm and I'm still shattered by that waiting room and that doctor.

      Delete
  2. Great blog. It's all in the expectations. We get so hyped up with the commercials that it raises our expectations. But after that many years married, some expectations are acceptable. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you commented on the wrong post! But I totally agree - a bit of lovey doveyness isfree and never hurt anyone!

      Delete
  3. In my experience Dr's never run on time. They seem to think that customer service does not apply to them. Very frustrating. #BigTopBlogParty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness here in the states when we need our prescriptions refilled, we just go to the drugstore and the pharmacist sorts it out with the doctor. Saves a lot of trouble!

    Thank you for tossing your hat into the ring at the Party Under The Big Top! We hope to see you again next week! #BigTopBlogParty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't agree more with what Mary said above! However, there are a lot of downfalls to our medical system as we discussed yesterday! Guess there isn't a perfect system anywhere!

    Thank you for joining us and linking up to Party Under the Big Top! Hope to see you again next time!

    Wishing you a fabulous week!

    Much love,
    Lysa xx
    Welcome to My Circus
    #BigTopBlogParty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...