Pages

Friday 25 March 2016

IT'S A GOOD FRIDAY

Today is Good Friday, the day Christians remember the death of Jesus Christ on the cross. It is the most important date of the church year and the cornerstone on which Christian faith is based.



For the first time in years, today I attended a Good Friday ceremony and I was surprised to see that the church was literally bursting at the seams. I don't know why I was so surprised. On reflection I suppose, I expected to see few people, because I expected them to fulfill the anti - religious sentiment which disappointingly infiltrated my Facebook news feed that morning. Obviously not everyone should be lumped in the same basket. Lesson learnt.

The message today at the service was loud and clear. Good Friday is all about good winning the ultimate battle against evil. Even with Jesus' death, good still won through the resurrection. The priest encouraged everyone to continue the fight against evil in every aspect of their lives. It got me to thinking about a few examples which have occurred lately. For example, the terrorist attack in Brussels was a horrendous example of evil. As in Paris however, the event has brought people together in a way that shows that evil will not be allowed to win and will be fought.

On a personal front I consider disease to be evil and therefore I use whatever tools I have to fight and educate myself and others. This attitude is not unique to me and I am constantly meeting others doing exactly the same. They are resilient, strong people who fight hard and look for the positives in very challenging situations  to get them through. You see them struggle but you don't see them quit.

Over the next few weeks, I will be taking a back seat in my blog and introducing you to some very special friends of mine who regularly fight the good fight. Some are kids, some mothers. Some have Cowden's syndrome, others have other rare conditions. All struggle but none quit. 

I hope you will enjoy their stories and benefit from their strength.

May you all have a Happy Easter and please be careful on the roads.

Till next time...xxx
ST











6 comments:

  1. So encouraging that so many were at church for Good Friday. We have hope because of Jesus' resurrection. Beautiful post. Good wins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree very encouraging. Very hopeful that people try not to succumb to evil.

      Delete
  2. I look forward to meeting these people you speak of in the coming weeks. You are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this beautiful message with #SocialButterflySunday! Hope to see you link up again next week! Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that you enjoyed Good Friday service and that it inspired you. This is a lovely post and message. Thank you for sharing! #OMHGFF

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...