Pages

Friday 5 August 2016

THE NEED TO SLEEP

There is a West Australian blogger calls Constance who calls all women "Queens". Every time I read one of her posts I smile and nod in agreeance. Yes she is right. All women are queens. And today I'm telling you that I am at my " queenie" best because I slept for eight hours straight. I got out of bed with a spring in my step, and dressed and took off for work, incident free...like a queen.

What a difference a good nights sleep makes. A doctor once told me that " sleep is the greatest
rejuvenator". How right she was! And thank God she was right, because she was ripping off a major part of my anatomy the next morning and imagine if she got THAT wrong ! Not even funny actually, is it?

Anyway, I digress. Back to talking about how blissful sleep is and how great life is when we get some. Yesterday was a bad day, that started with a bad night with no sleep. On top of that something was tearing my stomach into shreds and I felt awful. So I hopped back into bed but for some reason (probably pain) still could not sleep.

Later in the day when my eyeballs were hanging out of my face due to lack of sleep, I decided something needed to be done about the lack of food situation in the house. Why was this so urgent you may well ask. Who knows? But, in no state to get up, dress and go shopping, I had decided to grocery shop online instead.

Now I love online shopping and it's not the first time I've grocery shopped online, but it's been a while. In that time they've spruced up the website and in my sleep deprived state, this excited me. Yes folks, my life is so sad, the Woolworths app excited me.

So I started shopping:
" I'll have one of those...and one of those".
" two varieties of mince ...let's get both!"
" ooooo Kitkat on special....and chocolate gaiety biscuits...definitely.
" wine on special...don't mind if I do"

I was like a woman possessed.

Today after a lovely day of relief teaching ( see I used the word LOVELY and relief teaching in the same sentence cos I slept), the spring in my step took me home in anticipation of my food shopping being delivered to me. How exciting!

As the delivery lady helped me lug bag after bag into the house, the first waves of concern started to roll out. Why were there so many bags for just the two of us, especially when one of us was going to be away soon? Oh dear, what had I done?

Here is a part of the conversation that ensued between the husband and me. It may involve lying or stretching the truth or whatever you want to call it, so beware.

H: how many people are you buying food for?
Me: oh you never know. It's good to be prepared. ( avoid eye contact)
H: why have you bought two types of mince?
Me: They were both on special. ( in reality I haven't got a clue).
H: You've bought chocolate, chocolate biscuits, wine, more biscuits...why???
Me: ( look perplexed) oh really! Must be a Woolies mistake, but we'll keep it shall we ( thank God  he didn't see the ice-cream)
H: WHY IS THERE SO MUCH CHICKEN????
Me: ( look dumb, then turn around). Oh my God. I think I wanted 6 drumsticks, but I ordered 6 giant packets of drumsticks. We are going to be eating flipping chicken for months AND my freezer is now so full, I don't have room for everything.

So at this stage I should present you with some sage advice about things you shouldn't do while lacking sleep. This list would include signing documents, putting on makeup and obviously now internet shopping. So, here's the advice folks. SLEEP. It's a no brainer isn't it and without it, you do stupid things and you get to eat chicken drumsticks for two months.

If you have a good chicken recipe, link me to it PLEASE!!!

Till next time...xxx




9 comments:

  1. I probably shouldn't be laughing but this is hilarious. My hubby does exactly the same thing, I now monitor his online shop! #POCOLO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I have company!!! Thanks for reading Catie.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear. With two babies I can understand the need for sleep. #PoCoLo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. That sounds like something I would do, but I haven't tried online grocery shopping yet. Sleep is SOO important. Hope you're feeling better!

    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, lack of sleep can make us do some strange stuff. Thanks for the heads up about online shopping when you're tired. Noted! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh oh! That's a lot of chicken ...
    Welcome to the Lovin' Life Linky! I look forward to hopefully seeing you again next week. (After you've had loads of sleep)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha oh dear, it's going to be 'chicken tonight' for quite a few nights! I don't have online shopping and delivery where I live - it makes me cross - but I would probably buy way too much for just the three of us. Funny post. Glad you got some lovely sleep. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never ventured into the world of online grocery shopping - I'm scared I'll go down the rabbit hole like you did and be eating strange food that I ordered by mistake. I'll be interested to read your "1001 recipes for chicken drumsticks" that will be appearing over the next few months :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy that's not good is it?! Hehe, it's amazing the clarity we get after a decent night's sleep. I hope you find a wonderful recipe for that chicken!
    Thanks for linking to #pocolo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...