Pages

Tuesday 14 January 2014

EMPTY NESTERS

The husband and I are very excited because we have finally found somewhere for both girls to live in the city, while studying. It's perfect in size, location and price.

We are both warming to the idea of an empty nest but in doing so have recently become concerned about a new breed of empty nesters called SWAB or " surprise we're ALL back". The lady next door is a SWAB level 3 ( all three back home). The people we are renting from are level 2. The husband is pulling out all the stops to be a level 0 which is a bit mean considering the FYD has only just finished school (insert cross face). He reckons once they go, they go. I reckon he's mean!

Interested in his determination to be a level 0, I asked him what he is most looking forward to when the house is ours again. I probably hoped for slightly romantic answers but of course not! Not even close.

Surprisingly ( sarcasm),  not one of his answers appealed to me. I have no desire to walk naked through the house, I don't want him to have total control of the remote, because I'll never see Home and Away or X Factor again and the food bill won't drop cos he eats most of it. It's all a bit odd if you ask me.

It's going to be interesting watching how he copes with the quiet. The husband does not do quiet at all. He is noisy 24 hours a day, He is the sort of person who comes home, turns on every appliance which makes noise only to leave them all running while he makes more noise out in the shed. Our poor neighbours will probably wish we were going too, not just the kids! Air compressor buzzing, someone cursing at the aircon, loud phone calls, ute revving. I know whom to point the finger at and they do too!

So what am I looking forward to? I've thought long and hard about this and really I am going to opt out by saying that I'm looking forward to the times they return or we visit. The husband thinks I'm lacking a fuse in my brain, till I remind him that level 0 allows for visits as long as they leave!!!

I'm actually curious how both girls will manage together because like all sisters everywhere they are either thick as thieves or falling out. I can just hear the phone calls now! She's too busy, she doesn't do her share of cleaning, she's never home, I had to do all the shopping again.... I'm sure that the husband will take over my phone adjudicator role to preserve his level 0 status at all costs!!!!

Till next time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...