Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2014

REST AND RELAXATION

I think I am tired. I think I am tired because I am doing strange things. Like for example on Australia Day a friend got broken into and had his car, wallet, keys and mobile stolen. The first thing I did was send him a text. If you can't see my point here, maybe you're tired too.

The FYD thinks I'm grumpy too- rich from a teenager in my opinion. She bases her accusation on the fact that I refuse to speak to the people selling miracle cosmetics in shopping centres anymore. You know the ones I mean: " hello can I ask you a question?". Every shopping centre I go to has someone foreign wanting to ask me a question. Today I said " no you can't and kept walking". Apparently that makes me grumpy. She's lucky I didn't correct the woman's grammar with a "you can but you may not". Once a teacher, always a teacher.

I assure you it's not grumpiness but tiredness. The last few months have been hectic but I can just about see some quiet times ahead. They're exciting times too because for the first time ever in my adult life I won't be working as a teacher. In fact I won't be working at all. After seven major operations and countless minor procedures in seven years, I am giving in gracefully. I am throwing up my arms in defeat and having a rest. A really good rest.

The problem here is that I don't know how to rest. I have no idea what to do because my life has been regimented for so long. Even if I lie on my bed with a book and try to relax, I can't. I feel guilty and start running through all the things I need to do. Or I look for something to do. For example instead of taking up yoga and crochet classes to relax, I start looking at courses that TAFE offers that would enhance my career. I know this will not be restful and it will probably be boring too, but my mind drifts in that direction anyway. I've always kept busy. I don't like missing out. That's half the reason I'm so tired now.

On a different note our girls have a new home in Perth and any day now I will return home to the husband and leave them. Actually I think he will probably have to come and physically remove me and take me back home, after my friend's break in. How am I supposed to rest and relax when scumbags like that are around. My sister is in shock. Her daughter was in the house while the intruder walked through. I would have lost it totally had it been my child.

It's hilarious watching the girls in their own place. Power points are turned off to save money. Lights are switched off when not in use. The bus is being considered to save on petrol. Pasta sauce on special has been bought in bulk. The husband is probably going to need admitting to a fancy psychiatric hospital when he sees this. He has been trying to get them to switch off lights for years. As for the rest, he's going to need some good drugs to cope with the shock.

Yes folks things are changing. The girls are growing up and the husband and I are going to rest and relax. I've decided if I have to he can too. Maybe I'll make a bucket list of things we need to see and do. Maybe I'll write a book. Maybe I'll go on My Kitchen Rules. Maybe...

Till next time. Xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...