Pages

Tuesday 4 November 2014

HOW TO GET POPULAR FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS!!!

 In Australia today it's Melbourne Cup day. It's a day where the country stops for a horse race. It's a day to lunch and drink and hopefully make a little bit of money. It's almost like a religious day of obligation!


And then there are those ( eg my daughter), who had no time for Melbourne Cup festivities because she was desperately trying to get assignments completed. Why the rush? Yep, you guessed it. Back in hospital for more surgery in three days. If you haven't read the last post which explains why, here is the link.

http://lumpyone.blogspot.com.au/2014/10/kangaroos-and-doctor-stuff.html

I was feeling a little glum about the whole prospect of her going through it again. Then she asked me to proof read her English assignment. It was an autobiographical account of the last fifteen months.

It was more accurately an account of her positivity and inner strength, in the face of a condition no one should have to go through, at such a young age especially. It was factual yet humorous and full of gratitude to have the opportunity to be treated.


I am still a bit down, because after all it is brain procedure number fourteen. However, by reading what she wrote I am reminded to be grateful that at least there are still options available to make her better.

There are a lot of new people who are reading my blog and it got me thinking that many of you have not followed my story or my daughter's from the start and consequently are not up to speed. With regards to my daughter, you could read all previous posts...but there ARE lots! Or you could just read three. The three that according to my blog stats were so very popular. My attempt at turning our unfolding story into a satirical kids book, made my blog popular for all the wrong reasons.

So enjoy my re-posting of A NAUGHTY BRAIN which you can find by clicking on the following three links from May and July this year.

http://lumpyone.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/just-load-of-nonsense.html

http://lumpyone.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/just-load-of-nonsense-2.html

http://lumpyone.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/just-load-of-nonsense-3.html

Enjoy and have a laugh for us!!

Unfortunately, it never was the end of the story! See you in hospital! 



Till next time...xxx

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the next post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more in that silly story Ahmed! Only the real stuff for now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...