Pages

Monday 5 January 2015

THE PLAN IS TO KEEP BUSY

Today life starts to get back to normal. The husband goes back to work. My house guest returns to Perth and I start throwing out any Christmas leftovers. Are we the only ones still munching on fruit mince pies and chocolate? Much as it's going to kill me its all going in the bin.

I've also made another decision. I'm going to give my book another shot and stop feeling sorry for myself about my two rejections. 
" Mum, JK Rowling got rejected heaps of times" said my daughter (with teenage eyes rolling in impatience at how naive I was).
 " Don't give up".

I've thought about it for the last few weeks over mohitos in Bali, over turkey and mince pies in Perth and over Christmas cake and left over ham back home. And I've decided finally that I have nothing to lose and that I need a project to stop me from climbing the walls in between medical appointments. If it also raises my spirits then that's great. And yes I know, it could get rejected again. I'm prepared for that.

Stay tuned for more as the project unfolds and the question in my mind is answered. Can I get rejected more times that JKR?

So, time is suddenly marching on and as usual it's in a hurry. Christmas ads on television have given way to Australia day advertising. Pamphlets selling Christmas goods are now selling hot cross buns! What ever is the rush?

On the home front a few occasions are looming. My eldest daughter will soon have an MRI to check out how her brain and neck blood vessels are behaving. I am due a colonoscopy which after cancelling prior to Bali, I now must have. This is my most disliked procedure in the universe, but unfortunately people with Cowdens syndrome often require these.

A more pleasant occasion in the next few weeks to plan is a 21st birthday party for my favourite eldest daughter. I am determined that she will have a night to remember and that it will wipe out some of the bad moments from the last 18 months. Venue, dj, food, dress, gift...yes I have loads to do.

Till next time...xxx

12 comments:

  1. Hi Suzi,
    You have a very good blogpage. It is really inspiring indeed. Btw, your daughter is very lucky to have a thoughtful mom as you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. It's hard work when you both require medical attention but we both have good sense of humour

      Delete
  2. January is a slow month. Nothing much happening here. I'll take " nice".

    ReplyDelete
  3. its' true keep busy and utilizing the time well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. +Rajesh babu if I keep busy I don't worry because I am an expert at worrying.

      Delete
  4. I love the level of optimism in this post. Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, it's no use not to be optimistic. If I wasn't, the condition I have would win. Thankyou for the compliment Sakshi Raina.

      Delete
  5. Balls to people rejecting you. Your daughter is right, but also - balls any way! It'll be great when you're published, but I say in the meantime, just enjoy the process of writing. For me, writing is like therapy and makes me feel better. If it's the same for you, then who cares about publishers?
    Thanks for linking up with #WeekendBlogHop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Balls indeed but I don't mind now because I'm really enjoying the rewrite and it's so much better. Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  6. Follow your dreams, I never thought I would take up blogging but it is the single thing that keep me sane when I was going through my divorce. Very well put together blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am honored by your comment and the inspiration it's given me.

      Delete
  7. lol, January is really slow :) a nice would be nice!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...