Pages

Friday 12 December 2014

BLOG NUMBER 100

Blog number 100. Yahoo!!!

I am sitting by the pool in my hotel in Bali with an iPad in one hand and a mojhito close by. It is off season here so I pretty much have the whole area and the waiter to myself. In three days the staff have become friends. They call the husband "boss" ( little do they know) and me "mama boss". It's hilarious. I might have to get a T shirt printed with Mama Boss for back home.

It's only my second time here but I'm seriously thinking of never going home ( only joking kids). The peace of this place is overwhelming. The people also tend to bring you back to what's important eg the husband asked a young waiter if he liked to drink Bintang beer. He replied it was too expensive for him. We are indeed a privileged lot to be able to easily afford what others see as luxuries. Another example - our pool waiter broke his flip flops and fixed them with a bit of rope because they still had wear in them. We are definitely a privileged lot and being here reminds us to practise gratitude and appreciation.

One thing I really like about Bali is that there is no need to rush. You are on Bali time. The husband asked reception ( P1) for more tea. He told person 2 ( P2) who rang P3 who gave the instruction to P4 who eventually arrived with the tea. Everyone has a role to play and it's no use getting frustrated. Initially it's annoying ( all I want are some bloody tea bags) but now you throw up your hands and know that what ever you want will happen eventually.

At lunch time today I listened to a tourist complain the cafe had no low fat milk. Complaining to the Balinese is a futile exercise. They either don't understand what's wrong or they stand there till you get over it and order something else. A few minutes later the grumpy customer had a yummy juice and was happy. No anger. No harsh exchange of words. No sweating the small stuff. Love it.

So yes, the reminders to be grateful, take my time and chill out are much needed.

It's been a shocker of a year - sick child, lots of travel, limited money, stress galore. But there have been good times too - the humour shared , the kindness shown to us by many, the success achieved whether in medical treatments or studies, the love of our families.

So, as the sun sets on another day in beautiful Bali, I thankyou for making 100 blogs possible and for helping me keep my head above water. Your support and your kind messages keep me going.

I'm out of mojhito.

Short blog today...till next time xxx

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Suzi! That is a terrific accomplishment as I just recently reached 100 blog posts as well. I must say that I wasn't in such a dreamy place like Bali as you were though! ;-)

    Wishing you an amazing and safe trip!
    xx
    Lysa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lysa. After the year we have had this is bliss xx

      Delete
    2. I can only imagine sweetie! xx

      Delete
  3. I think u have been drinking too much tea !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suzi! Thanks for sharing and linking up with us on the Oh My Heartsie Girls Wordless Wednesday Link Party.

    Wishing you an amazing Christmas week!
    xx
    Lysa ~ Co-Host OMHGWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Lysa. Great blogs to read xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...