Pages

Friday 6 February 2015

WAITING, WAITING AND MORE WAITING

So, we're here at the hospital and so far we have been here six hours and still have not gone to theatre. My poor girl has not eaten or drunk since 8 pm last night and is now fast asleep out of pure exasperation.
                                
The doctors came in to see her hours ago and explained the procedure over and over again. I wish I could put my hands over Ashton's ears when they start talking about the risk of stroke, paralysis and death, but I understand it's something they need to do. I understand it really but I don't want to hear it.

We have one new doctor. Bertie beetle aka Dr Albert has moved on and that makes us all sad because he is a lovely doctor with great compassion. His replacement ( or the new model as Dr HS calls her) is a polished female doctor with a beautiful English accent. She will of course require a nickname and this will come with time. The main doctor remains the same, though slightly dishevelled which is unusual for him. That's what happens when you have three kids!!

Life in a hospital continues to fascinate me. You just get all sorts. I sat at lunch willing myself to say nothing when a woman was trying to feed a very young baby solids. Her friend was shoving spoonfuls of something into another child's mouth. The noise from both children was unbelievable and my shattered nerves couldn't take it. Mark and I just left.

Two orderlies nearby are having a very exciting conversation about whether a certain orange chair belongs in one place or another. Oh my goodness, it's the end of the world because it should be in the female change room not the males. Scintillating conversation! The excitement is killing me.

The nurse has just put Ashton on Iv fluids as it's been ages since she had anything to drink. The hold up is an emergency, as usual. I know it needs to take priority. I would want it to take priority if it was my family BUT please God make them hurry up. It's been too long a wait.

Got to go. An exciting conversation about the cups in the kitchen is breaking.

BRB

2 comments:

  1. Such a scary time. I CANNOT imagine what it must be like to be on this journey. I will be looking around your blog more to see your daughter's story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a loooooong story started July 2013. Enjoy the read.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...