Pages

Saturday 7 February 2015

ASHTON ACT 2

So, yesterday was a very,very long day. We waited eight hours before Ashton was taken to theatre. The delay was a giant aneurysm in another patient, so we had no option but to wait and exercise gratitude that we COULD wait.

Finally, at 3 o'clock she went in for what Dr HS called Ashton Act 2 ( funny bloke), and Mark and I left the hospital and went home for a nap. Well we tried to nap. I just stared at my ipad screen and counted down the hours. Eventually seven hours later the doctor rang. I will never understand how doctors can perform for such long periods of time.

He managed to remove most of the fistula and it's now downgraded to low. She will be returning to theatre soon for him to finish it off. To quote him " I'm not taking any chances on it regrowing". This is music to my ears because I want the bloody thing gone. She has a 21st birthday and a new uni year to deal with!

So we walked in to the high dependency unit this morning expecting to see someone looking somewhat washed out. Of course that didn't happen. She looked amazing and alert, tired but happy. That's how you recover folks! Her blood pressure is a little low, other than that she looks very well. My child is just amazing.

And now I want to say thankyou to everyone for yesterday's support. Please keep the prayers coming as there will be more procedures and she will need lifetime monitoring. I asked for a circle of prayer around her and we got that AND we could feel it. As Ashton was wheeled into theatre she said she felt calm and peaceful.

Apologies to those on my facebook page who have already seen these photos. They're all I've got at the moment and I just wanted everyone else to see her happy, well face.

Love and hugs.

Till next time...xxx

6 comments:

  1. Always be healthy and keep smile...hihi..btw,visit and follow me on shukranzahari.blogspot.com ..Happy blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I am so amazed at how AMAZING she looks. WOW WOW WOWWWWWWW! So happy for your entire family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear that surgery went well. May your daughter recover quickly and enjoy the best of health for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the #ffOneThing link up :) Your family is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also stopping by from the #ffonething link up. Sounds like you have been through a lot. You still sound so positive though. I hope your daughter will be on the path to healing now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...