Pages

Wednesday 24 February 2016

A FUNNY STORY

Not feeling the best today. My body is feeling a little tired and run down and I need something to make me laugh. Cue this week's writing prompt from my writing group - " tell us a funny story". So, here I go. This is a post from back in 2013, soon after I started my blog. Maybe its funnier when you actually know my husband, but nevertheless it still remains one of  my most popular posts ever. Enjoy. I hope you get a laugh out of it.


NINJA VS THE HUSBAND

Its two weeks till we head back to the big city for the next round of doctors, hospitals and all that fun. In the meantime  I have been finding little jobs to keep myself entertained. Unfortunately these are not paid jobs, but just little tasks around the house that have needed doing for a while.

To start off I spent a while in the bathroom giving it a bit of a tidy up. To finish off the job I placed a fabulous air sanitiser on the shelf above the toilet. This contraption fascinates me. It is motion detected and puffs out vanilla scented air when it detects your presence at the toilet. I love it! The husband however did not.

You see he went about his business in the bathroom and got vanilla fragranced straight in the face. I heard the roar from the other side of the house and keeled over laughing when I found out what was wrong. I had forgotten a golden rule. Women sit but men stand. When he stormed out of the bathroom smelling a little better than when he went in, I decided to keep the peace and to move my vanilla scented ninja elsewhere. I moved it to the floor.

An hour later (he drinks a lot of water), the husband returned prepared for the attack.
However, while he carefully checked the shelf on top of the toilet, my nifty ninja zapped him from below. Again I heard a roar followed by " get rid of this bloody thing". I'm laughing as I write this. Its not going anywhere! Not only is it providing me with entertainment, my bathroom and husband smell amazing.

The poor man has been copping a lot lately. Yesterday I found a new app on my phone called WatchOn. In short, this app converts your phone to a remote control for your TV, DVD and air conditioner. It is the ultimate tool for the lazy.

Now I have been trying to convince the husband we need a new TV but he is not having a bar of any well thought out argument I present. His argument is a bit like his wardrobe. It doesn't need upgrading while its still wearable. So I thought I would use a new tactic to push my case (insert devious giggle).

While the husband was watching the news last night the TV mysteriously died a number of times. He looked around for the remotes and a kid to blame, but the remotes were near him on the table, and the kids therefore innocent of all charges. Each time the TV went off it soon re -started.The husband looked somewhat confused, so seizing the opportunity I launched into my " can we upgrade the TV now routine" and added for good measure " its obviously on its way out".

But, as usual I couldn't maintain a straight face for long and I started laughing. He saw my phone in my hand and twigged that somehow there was a connection. The kids were hysterical with laughter so the husband stormed out of the room...to the bathroom. The ninja having been inactive for its requisite 20 minutes, blasted him immediately. Another roar filled the house," I told you to get rid of this bloody thing".


Heehee I don't think so!




Does your husband provide YOU with so much entertainment?



Till next time...xxx
ST

19 comments:

  1. That is a hilarious story. I can totally see my husband get annoyed with the air freshener and get really upset with the remote thing.

    Thanks for sharing at Manic Monday linky party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I only have to retread this and I giggle.

      Delete
  2. I think I will get another husband just so I can be totally entertained!! Hysterical

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Suzi for making me smile today! We need a bit of humour in our lives don't we. Perhaps hubby should be in charge of the placement of the bathroom freshner :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this Suzi - your poor husband and his first world problems :) Did you get a new TV??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good one! Revenge of the machines ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh this had me giggling too, so funny! I love what you did to the TV brilliant. #Fridayreflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was desperate. TV was as old as the hills.

      Delete
  7. Very cute. Sometimes annoying husbands can be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they can be and sometimes it's nice to get your own back.

      Delete
  8. I can just hear the roar from the bathroom, and see the confused face looking at the TV! :) Thanks for the smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is hysterical!!! It provided a much needed laugh. Thank you so much for sharing with us on the Friday Funday blog hop! #FFBH

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Suzi,
    Great to see you again. Thanks for bringing your Ninja post (too cute) to the Pit Stop.
    Janice, Pit Stop Crew

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...