Pages

Sunday 6 March 2016

DEATH DUE TO SLEEPING

What is love?

Love is being awake at 11.42pm (because your husband is snoring) and not giving him a whack or slowly strangling him.

I reach for my iPad for company and distraction. The last thing I want is to be a criminal.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those of you who follow my blog regularly may remember that last November, after six weeks in hospital the husband and I arrived back home to find a catastrophe had occurred. While in the city undergoing treatment, a pipe had decided to burst in the ensuite bathroom ruining our vanity and tiles, the wooden floor in our bedroom and a host of personal belongings. Half of our house was flooded as a result.

Well, I'm pleased to be able to say that finally after three months of waiting, the renovations are finally finished and we are back in our bedroom. The relief is immense. I don't like mess and if you can imagine the contents of a bathroom, a bedroom and a walk in robe relocated elsewhere in the house, you might understand my relief. My house looks semi decent again.

On the health front another problem has arisen though I think this will be manageable. After losing so much weight my thyroid levels are all over the place as I am now taking too much thyroxine. Why is this a problem? Dr Google offered this:

"People who suffer from primary hyperthyroidism or take too much thyroid hormone report feeling anxious, jittery and irritable, and may suffer from insomnia and increased appetite. Tremors or trembling may become noticeable and bothersome as well. If excess thyroid hormone is taken over a longer time, weight loss may occur despite increased calorie consumption. Muscle weakness becomes more prominent, and you may feel fatigued. Hair loss and difficulty concentrating may also occur."
                                                                        www.livestrong.com

And that ladies and gentlemen sums up how I've been feeling lately. Fatigue gets a big tick. The other day my mother rang me about 2 pm and I fell asleep talking to her. After she called my name a number of times she sent me off for a nap. I'm 49 and still being sent to my room by my mother. Love it! On another day I had two naps before lunchtime AFTER having slept a whole night. So in one way I'm glad to have a possible reason, because the need to sleep is doing my head in.



Tremor is the third tick. I have always had what is called an "essential tremor" in my hands. I don't know why it's called that because the last thing it is, is essential. It makes holding a mug of hot liquid hard. Putting on makeup is a challenge and even using a computer keyboard is becoming harder and harder.


While I was in hospital they took me off my tremor meds as they didn't think they were essential (there's that word again). This didn't worry me much at the time because I didn't need to do much in there! But back at home things are different and I was starting to drop cups again. So I had no choice but to start the meds again. Hopefully the change in thyroxine will also do the trick as I am feeling quite debilitated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


About one minute before I'm about to commit murder, sleeping, snoring beauty wakes to use the bathroom. Its 2.12am. I ask him nicely to turn over as the snoring is keeping me awake. He tells me that he wasn't snoring and how would I know because I'd been asleep.

He falls back to sleep and the racket starts up again. As I am now maniacal due to lack of sleep, I begin to consider ways to solve my dilemma. Somewhere in between choosing to smother him with a pillow or gag him, I fall asleep.

Time -  4am. 

Till next time...xxx
ST

 

3 comments:

  1. So glad it worked for you. My father went down same path with limited success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I feel you with the lack of sleep. I am frequently on high doses of steroids for Rheumatoid Arthritis and it often keeps me awake at night. The Dr's have finally put me on a muscle relaxer that knocks me out no matter what the dose of steroids and it has been such a blessing. I am so glad my husband doesn't snore!! I pray that you can get some good rest and feel better quickly. Living with a chronic illness is not fun at all.
    Thanks for linking up with Inspire Me Monday. Have a blessed weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...