Pages

Monday 30 June 2014

CRY ME A RIVER

Monday 5 hours in theatre.
Tuesday 9 hours in theatre.
Friday 10 hours in theatre.
Twenty four hours of procedures in one week!

The doctor rang at 11pm and for the first time I detected a positive tone in his voice. I was so overwhelmed by it that I missed most of the details. But it seems that things went well and that maybe, just maybe she has turned a corner. But we are cautioned that it is early days yet and to not get too excited. She's done this before (ie looked well before going backwards), but this time I'm quietly confident. St Anthony and I have a deal and it's going to be all good.

Today a friend made me leave the hospital and took me out for lunch to celebrate my birthday which apparently is tomorrow. I couldn't feel less festive if I tried but I went because she was so kind to suggest it and I'm over free hospital burgers. It was good to catch up, but the whole effort drained me physically and emotionally and I sobbed about nothing in particular for ages after lunch.

Kindness makes me cry.

The other day a special friend who wanted to make a difference, organised for a local company ( Telstra) to donate an iPad and gadgets to help manage the FED's boredom on the ward. I was literally gobsmacked by the kindness shown and sobbed for ages. I seem to have turned into a blubbering mess. 

People say kind things. I cry. 
People do kind things. I cry.
People do neither and I cry.
I could easily provide water for a small nation at the moment...or water the garden!

So while we wait and see how the " newly functioning" brain responds, we continue with our routine. We move from hospital to home and occasionally to the shops. Even shops are draining at the moment...so many people...so much noise. I had a moment of panic yesterday when I lost my husband in a shopping centre. Normally this wouldn't bother me. Normally I'd be pleased ( heehee). But nothing at the moment is normal.

Before I sign off id like to give thanks for:
~ Mothers and nieces who provide meals
~ doctors who can reverse blood flow in a brain.
~ whoever invented stents
~ nurses who wash and plait hair...actually nurses full stop.
~ SMS so I can give and receive information without talking
~ husbands who buy birthday presents despite hating shopping
~ bossy friends who take you out for lunch. 
~ friends and family who make a difference
~ hugs from strangers
~ Kleenex tissues
~ my buddy St Anthony.

Till next time...xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...