Pages

Saturday 5 July 2014

EAGLE ROCK

So, first blog for a new month and pleased to report that the " newly functioning brain" is still doing well and behaving itself. The doctor says he is " cautiously optimistic" and that pleases us all no end.

Last week my lovely daughter seemed like she was giving up and I was worried about this...really
worried. So much so that I let down my Facebook guard and openly pleaded for one of her favourite football players to come visit her and cheer her up. A local radio station and the football team joined up to provide our FED ( favourite eldest daughter) with an unforgettable experience. Not one but three footballers have come to visit to date and this has been captured on film for all to see. It's been a while since I've seen such a smile and such happiness and I'm so glad that I pleaded on Facebook...even though the husband roared at me to put the iPad away cos it was 4am! Worth being roared at I tell you.

For those of you outside Western Australia where I live, the team are the WestCoast Eagles and the FED has been a fan every since she could walk and talk! Over the years she has coached from the couch, sulked for days when they lost a premiership and turned into a closet stalker by following most of them ( and their partners) on Instagram, as she has gotten older. I knew if anybody could cheer her up it would be an Eagle and I WAS RIGHT!!!

Unfortunately she is STILL in hospital sorting out some repercussions of so many procedures. It's day  18 and I'm over it big time. But we soldier on... at least she has photos of special people to look at now!


The rest of the family, the husband and the FYD ( favourite younger daughter) have gone home leaving me all alone to woman the fort down here. It's unfortunate that life has to carry on. It's unfortunate that we live five hours away. But it is what it is and they'll be back soon.

Till next time... Xxx
                                         

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to read this wonderful news! Great story and pictures, they bring me a smile today, way over here on the the other side of the world (Missouri, USA). All the best for your daughter's continued recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely words! Yes its fingers crossed and ongoing prayers for the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...