Pages

Sunday 31 August 2014

THE HUSBAND

Years ago a good friend introduced my family to the concept of the birthday festival. It's simple really. Instead of celebrating for one day you celebrate for an indefinite period of time.  A week is common but for special birthdays ( eg 40), a month is acceptable.

The husband began his birthday festival three days ago. He chose a local food hall for lunch and so the FED ( favourite eldest daughter) and I accompanied him with our lips zipped. You see a rule of the festival is that the festival owner gets to choose everything and you have to comply. The FED and I rolled our eyes at each other. Not in a million years would we choose a food hall in a shopping mall for a festival lunch. We'd rather not celebrate... or starve.

I made a number of suggestions in the lead up to the festival. Those who read my blog regularly may remember our late booking at a local hotel for our wedding anniversary. Did he want to go there again? He did. Who is this man and what have you done with my husband??? Actually I don't want to know. Three day booking at hotel overlooking ocean made. That's more like it!

Now there is an expectation that if you are having a weekend away with your wife, you actually spend it with her. So why of all weekends is he OFF AT BUNNINGS AND MASTERS with the FYD ( favourite youngest daughter)?  To those non Australian readers these are hardware stores...man's world! GRUMBLE GRUMBLE. He is all love, closeness and romance isn't he and I can't say anything cos it would break the festival rules.

Never mind he's back now. Maybe lunch and a drink in the bar? Wrong again. The birthday boy has decided he needs a sleep. So here I am in the bar with a drink, bar snacks and attitude typing away my annoyance. He is so frustrating! So much for a walk on the beach and lunch out in the sunshine.

The husband and I met many moons ago. I was 22 and he was 28. We have been together 26 years. It took three years for us to marry, even though he now says he knew he was going to marry me the moment he met me. I'm sure he says nice things like that every so often to get his own way with me...and it 
works. Which is why festivals aside he is snoring peacefully in a giant bed and I 
am letting him do so. He totally gets his own way not during festivals but always.

Now the husband professes to not read my blog. So he probably won't read this.

My husband is the most frustrating man on earth. He is impossible to organize anything for or with. He makes me so angry. But... he's MY frustrating, MY impossible, MY pain in the neck. He's also the most loving, gentle, caring man I've ever met. He would give you the shirt off his back and the last coin in his pocket. He has looked after the girls and me so well in the last few years. He has been there through countless surgeries, numerous doctors appointments and every single crisis. I don't know how I would manage without him by my side.

And this is why festival or not he gets away with murder. He always has and always will.


Happy birthday sweetheart. Love you more and more, but next time I'm checking into this lovely hotel alone. You can go to Bunnings!


Till next time...xxx

3 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet post. Such love :)
    Happy Birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, nice post!

    Áp dụng sự thành công của thời đại công nghệ, may dua vong hay võng tự đưa ra đời mang đến nhiều lợi ích cho cả mẹ và bé. Máy đưa võng tự động đặc biệt là máy đưa võng ts là món quà tuyệt vời dành cho đưa con yêu quý. Võng tự ru hay máy đưa võng là một thiết bị được gắn trên chiếc võng xếp giúp đưa võng hoàn toàn tự động với sự thiết kế nhỏ gọn, tiện lợi, máy đưa võng tự động tiết kiệm điện. Và An Thái Sơn là địa chỉ ban may dua vong uy tín nhất cho bé!

    Chia sẻ những thực phẩm giúp tóc mọc nhanh cực hiệu quả, ba mẹ bé lo lắng làm sao để trẻ viết chữ đẹplàm thế nào để dạy con viết chữ đẹp, các bạn nên tìm hiểu hay những sự thật cần biết về collagen trước khi sử dụng, mách mẹ những mẹo hay giúp trẻ thích uống sữa hay làm thế nào để bé thích uống sữa hiệu quả, chia sẻ nguyên nhân và cách trị chứng mất ngủ ở trẻ em, chia sẻ các mẹ những trò chơi giúp trẻ thông minh cực đơn giản, mẹo hay giúp trẻ nhanh biết đi hay tập cho bé đi ngủ sớm bằng cách nào, những cách chống nắng cho bé hiệu quả, những thực phẩm giúp bé ngủ ngon mẹ cần biết, chia sẻ cách làm trắng da toàn thân bằng thực phẩm hiệu quả, những món ăn giảm cân cho trẻ béo phì hay món ăn chữa bệnh mất ngủ hiệu quả!

    Những thực phẩm giúp đẹp da tại http://nhungthucphamgiupda.blogspot.com/
    Thực phẩm giúp bạn trẻ đẹp tại http://thucphamgiuptre.blogspot.com/
    Thực phẩm làm tăng tại http://thucphamlamtang.blogspot.com/
    Những thực phẩm giúp làm giảm tại http://thucphamlamgiam.blogspot.com/
    Những thực phẩm tốt cho tại http://thucphamtotcho.blogspot.com/

    Chúc các bạn ngày mới vui vẻ!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...